We are hiring!
The IAEH is hiring a part-time Business Manager to work closely with the Board of Directors in promoting networking and knowledge sharing on best practices in hosting major events.
If you are interested in major events and want to grow senior connections early in your career, this role is for you. As the IAEH Business Manager you will have the opportunity to work with the world’s leading event specialists, with international federations and international organisations and support them in generating the best possible value from hosting major sporting and cultural events.
The applications are open until 3rd December and interviews will be conducted on 22nd December 2021 and 5th January 2022.
Location: London (home based)
Hours: 20 hours per week
Salary: £35,000 pro-rata to hours worked
Start Date: 24th January 2022
Click HERE to access the full job description.
– Liaising with new and prospective members and ensuring appropriate membership documentation is complete
– Proactively seeking and gathering appropriate knowledge and resources from member organisations
– Updating the IAEH website with new members, news on IAEH activities, resources and other relevant content
– Creating opportunities to communicate IAEH and its work through media channels (inc regular Twitter and LinkedIn updates)
– Creating and distributing newsletters and monthly insights through MailChimp
– Booking arrangements for, facilitating and recording outcomes from forthcoming member meetings at key industry events
– Organising and hosting webinars
– Facilitating members networking activities including virtual and physical events
– Developing partnership arrangements with like-minded organisations
– Compiling white paper research based on priority issues with support of members and partners
– Bookkeeping and liaising with accountants for annual accounts filing
– Writing and distributing Annual Report
– Supporting the chairman in ensuring the board functions efficiently and effectively; organising board meetings (inc writing agenda and minutes)
– Liaising with company services providers making sure agreements and subscriptions are active and up to date
– Keeping the company’s register with the Companies House up to date
– Regularly monitoring and reporting on member satisfaction
Skills, Experience and Attributes
The successful candidate will demonstrate;
– Genuine interest and prior research into the benefits of hosting major sporting and/or cultural events
– Strong research abilities and experience of writing research reports and presentations
– Strong Microsoft Office knowledge
– Xero (accounting software) knowledge
– MailChimp (email marketing service) knowledge
– Excellent communication skills, both verbal & written, and ability to build relationships with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
– Demonstrable administrative and organisational skills, including event management, website and social media management and diary management
– Strong attention to detail
– Ability to prioritise, multi-task and work on own initiative
– Ability to adapt to flexible working arrangements and manage own time effectively