IAEH members visited Taipei
IAEH members visit Taipei to share good practice and learn about future international events planned for the region
The Sports Administration of the Ministry of Education of Taiwan (Republic of China) joined the IAEH in December 2017 and extended an invitation to all IAEH members to attend a meeting where representatives of the largest cities in the region were also present.
IAEH members attended the meeting in Taipei City on Saturday, 21st April. all costs were covered by the Sports Administration of the Ministry of Education.
IAEH members in attendance:
– Perttu Pesä, Visit Tampere
– Munehiko Harada, Japan Sport Tourism Alliance
– Tony Nagamaiah, Malaysia Major Events
– Chuta Tharachai, Thailand Convention and Exhibition Bureau
– Georg Spazier, Innsbruck-tirol Sports
– Lin Che-Hung, Sports Administration of the Ministry of Education of Taiwan (Republic of China)
– Maggie Hsu, Sports Administration of the Ministry of Education of Taiwan (Republic of China)
– Wang Hung-Hsiang, Sports Office of the New Taipei City Government
– Liu Ning-Tian, Department of Sports of Taipei City
Taipei has recently hosted the 29th Summer Universiade – an international multi-sport event, organised for university athletes by the International University Sports Federation (FISU). Other international events are due to take place in the region in the near future, such as the 10th Esports World Championship, to be hosted by Kaohsiung City later this year.
The IAEH members who attended the event, had the opportunity to present to the audience successful examples of their cities and countries’ project plans and learn more about events that had been staged in the region or were being planned.