Case Studies – Sporting and cultural events across the UK
A collection of case studies covering cultural and sporting events across the UK produced by eventIMPACTS.
These summary case studies provide headline information on the economic impact of each event and a breakdown of the statistics that contributed to the impact including attendance figures, local visitors, day visitors, commercial/non-commercial stayers, number of days attended, average bed nights, average daily spend and average accommodation spend.
Nine events were analysed:
– Lumiere London 2016
– Ridelondon 2015
– Glasgow Gymnastics World Cup 2012
– Canoe Slalom World Champs 2015
– Taekwondo World Grand Prix 2014
– UCI Mountain Bike World Cup 2016
– Edinburgh’s Festivals 2015
– Cardiff Half Marathon 2015
– Hay Festival 2016