Glasgow 2014 – XX Commonwealth Games Report
From winning the bid to the official results, this report shows a holistic view of Glasgow’s experience as the XX Commonwealth Games host city.
IAEH highlights differential points that made of the 2014 Commonwealth Games an outstanding event.
- Sport Programme: Incorporated more Women’s and Para-sport events than ever before.
- Ticketing: First Commonwealth Games to offer half-price children’s concessions. 5,000 tickets were set aside for disadvantaged children from across Scotland.
- Human rights: Glasgow 2014 published its own approach to human rights – the first sporting mega-event organisation to do so anywhere in the world.
- Sustainability: The first Commonwealth Games to achieve ISO 20121 status.
- Planning: The Games was delivered on time and within its £575.6 million budget.
The full report comprising details of the Games delivery and including marketing strategy, operational planning, commercial partnerships and more is available to download here.